Getting access/permission to create dashboards as an Area Manager

Hello Amazon team, I’m working on creating dashboards for my site, however I don’t have the option to upload files into the BUILD function, I’m assuming I’m missing a permission here? Your help is appreciated in resolving this matter.

Hi @mojarrah

Welcome to the community! Thanks for posting your question!

It’s likely due to insufficient permissions associated with your IAM role or user in Quick Sight.

Only Author or Author Pro and Admin or Admin Pro roles have the permissions to upload files and create datasets.

Additionally, ensure that your IAM role or user has the quicksight:CreateDataSource and quicksight:CreateDataSet permissions. These are essential for uploading files and building datasets in Quick Sight.

If you have all the necessary permissions, the issue could sometimes be related to cache or cookies. Clearing your cache and cookies, signing out of your browser, or restarting your browser may resolve the problem.

Please check with your IT team, Admins, or whoever manages your Quick Sight account to obtain the necessary permissions.

Thank you, Xclipse! Do you know who I can reach out to? local IT does not have any idea about this. Managers usually use amazonbi account name to gain access to dashboards, no one has a unique individual user.

Hi @mojarrah

Can you please check with the local IT admin or the person who granted you access to Quick Sight, they might be able to help you.

Hi Xclipse! As mentioned earlier, site leaders use a generic account named (amazonbi), I believe it’s shared with all FC managers across NACF, no individual access or personal accounts were provided to managers. There’s no password associated with the account, proceeding with just (amazonbi) allows you to view the dashboards. Site IT has no clue about Quick Sight and is only responsible for site processes and network.

Reaching out to site admin, they’re checking

https://w.amazon.com/bin/view/Quicksight_UserGuide/Permissions
Leaders can follow through this gain access. Thank you.