Restrict authors from creating specific data sources

Hi team

Is there any update on this? This feature is very important, do you have a timeline?

I know that custom permissions can prevent an author from creating any kind of data source - but what if I want to grant those users the ability to upload their static files (JSON, CSV etc) but prevent them from linking to any underlying database (Athena, Postgres or any other).

Is there a way to customize which data sources a user can manipulate?

Hi @Cris1 and welcome to the community!

As to my knowledge, this hasn’t changed. As this is a public facing forum, we do not have access to timelines on certain updates /new features. I’d recommend keeping an eye on the AWS What’s New page and the community announcements section for any updates on this.

I will also go ahead and mark this post as a ‘feature-request’ to promote further visibility to the product team.

Hi @Cris1,

Just checking back in since we haven’t heard from you in a bit. I wanted to see if the guidance shared earlier helped resolve your question, or if you found a solution in the meantime.

If you still have any additional questions related to your initial post, feel free to share them. Otherwise, any update you’re able to provide within the next 3 business days would be helpful for the community.

Thank you.

Hi @Cris1,

Since I haven’t received any further updates from you, I’ll treat this inquiry as complete at this time. Please feel free to create a new post if you have more questions.

Thank you.